English in Manchester Terms and Conditions
- Minimum age of enrolment is 18. (16 with a signed parental consent form). There is no maximum age
- A student’s registration and enrolment for courses are an agreement to pay the full fees and finish the course. The application form must be signed to show acceptance of English in Manchester’s Terms and Conditions.
- Start dates may be postponed if a request is made at least one week before the course start date.
- English in Manchester Ltd will provide the documentation required for students to apply for short-term study visas where applicable.
- Documentation in support of study visa applications will only be provided upon receipt of full fees or a (non-refundable) deposit of £250.00.
- All new students are required to take a level test before they can start ant courses.
- It is the student’s responsibility to ensure they have the correct visa type and appropriate permission to be in the UK. English in Manchester Ltd will ask to see your passport and visa on your first day at school. If students do not have the correct visa, courses will be terminated and fees will not be refunded.
- English in Manchester Ltd reserves the right to refuse to enrol any student if it is believed they do not comply with the Immigration Law of The United Kingdom. The student will no longer be entitled to study at English in Manchester Ltd and no refund will be given for the outstanding lessons.
- Students are accepted into English in Manchester Ltd on the understanding that progression through the course is conditional upon satisfactory attendance and successful target attainment.
- All students are formally assessed on a regular basis. The assessment will take into consideration: coursework assignments, internal examination results, attendance, class participation and commitment to study.
- The academic team are responsible for monitoring your progress and they will recommend that you move to the next level as soon as it is considered appropriate. Please note that progression to the next level is not solely based on the amount of time you spend in a class.
- Full payment of all course fees or a non-refundable deposit of 50% must be received before a Certificate of Enrolment can be issued. All fees due to the school must be paid in full, before the course can start.
- Payments can be made with cash or a UK debit card. Any payments by credit card or NON UK debit card carry a 3% surcharge. We are unable to accept cheques.
- Refund requests must be made in writing to the school’s managing director, stating the reason for the request and include any supporting evidence.
- No refund can be made to students once the course has started and no transfer of courses in whole or in part can be made. Fees are non-refundable in the case of late registration or the abandonment of a course. English in Manchester Ltd does not permit the transfer of credit from one student to another.
- Cancellations made 15 days before the course start date will result in a charge of £50.00 in administration fees. The remaining balance will be refunded.
- Cancellations made less than 15 days but more than 8 days before the course start date will result in a loss of £50.00 in administration fees and 50% of the course fee. The remaining balance will be refunded.
- Cancelations made 7 days or less before the course start date will not be refunded
- Refunds will only be given after the course start date in exceptional circumstances and requests should be made in writing to the Managing Director.
- Refunds may take up to 90 days to process.
- Refunds will only be made to the student/agent who paid the fees. English in Manchester Ltd will not pay refunded fees to third parties and only into accounts from which they were received.
- Cancellations made due to visa refusal will result in a charge of £250.00 in administration fees. The student must give the School the original notice of refusal from the British Embassy or Consulate. No refund of tuition fees can be made until the school has received the refusal notice.
- Bank charges and postal courier fees are non-refundable.
- Students who submit false information on their visa application resulting in a refusal by UKVI will not be entitled to a refund on any fees they have paid.
- No refunds will be given to any students who shorten their courses or reduce their number of lessons after their course has started. Students cannot shorten their courses and take additional lessons in replacement nor can they replace their classes with one to one lessons once they have enrolled on a course. It is the student’s responsibility to ensure their return date allows time to complete their course, especially where holidays taken have extended their end date.
- If a student is dismissed for poor attendance or misconduct, no refund will be given.
- We strongly recommend that students take out insurance to cover fees and costs in case of cancellation or leaving early.
- Cancellation of bookings made more than 30 days before the commencement date, 90% refund will be give.
- Cancellations made between 30 and 15 days before the commencement date a 50% refund will be given.
- Cancellations between 15 and 8 days before the commencement date a 25% refund will be given.
- Cancellations made less than 8 days before the commencement date of the intended stay 0% refund will be given.
- If a student is asked to leave the accommodation for bad behaviour or breaking residential rules 0% refund will be given. The student will be responsible to find their own alternative accommodation.
- All students must show their passport/ID on their first day and the school will retain a copy, as required by UKVI regulations.
- Courses start on Mondays unless agreed otherwise in advance. Students will not be refunded for late arrival.
- Students are encouraged to arrive for lessons on time. Late entry to the class is at the discretion of the teacher who may refuse entry to any student who is more than ten minutes late or is often late.
- Course fees do not include course books, materials, travel expenses, social events where fees are charged or personal and health insurance.
- A student agrees on submitting the enrolment form that English in Manchester Ltd keeps their personal records on its computerised systems. (These will not be shared with any third party.) Should any circumstances change it is the student’s responsibility to tell English in Manchester Ltd about all changes, in particular, of any changes of contact details and home address in the UK, as well as in their home country, changes to emergency telephone numbers and contact names and change of email address.
- All students must book holidays at least one week in advance in writing. Holidays will be agreed by English in Manchester Ltd depending on the length of the course studied. Holidays are recovered at the end of the course. Students are not obliged to take holidays but any not taken will affect their end date as stated in the enrolment letter.
- Students may be required to take their holidays during the summer period or at pre-scheduled dates and may lose their holiday entitlement if they do not take their holiday when required to do so.
- Students are expected to attend 100% of their course.
- Students whose attendance falls below 80% for two consecutive weeks will be contacted and given a warning. If they fail to attend 100% the following week they will be removed from the register and asked to attend a tutorial with a senior member of staff.
- Letters and certificates will not be issued to students who have not paid the full course fees, have attended less than 80% of their classes or have not reached the required level or failed to complete their course. Students requiring signed documents should request them five working days in advance.
- Students are expected to interact and study with each other and are required to treat all students and staff with respect at all times. Any student whose behaviour causes inconvenience, offence or distress to other students or staff may be excluded from lessons. Persistent offenders or those involved in isolated serious offences will be expelled from English in Manchester Ltd and their course will be cancelled. No refund of course fees will be made and the school’s decision is final.
- English in Manchester Ltd reserves the right to change published information including prices, lesson times and Terms and Conditions at any time.
- English in Manchester Ltd reserves the right to change or cancel an advertised course.
- In the event of a course being cancelled by English in Manchester Ltd, the student will be offered an alternative course/dates or a full refund.
- English in Manchester reserves the right to amend lesson times. For example, a morning class could be moved to the afternoon.
- The maximum number of students in an English in Manchester Ltd class is ten.
- All classes including General English and exam preparation classes are a double lesson (2 x 50 minutes). Students cannot study for one lesson in a double lesson class.
- Students who want to take an examination course will also be required to take a written test and will not be permitted onto the course if they are not at the required level.
- Change of class or time is strictly subject to availability. Although all effort is made to accommodate students in classes at the time of their choice, students may only move if there is a space in the class and if the student is at the correct level for the class. Study at a particular time is not guaranteed.
- Students will be required to pay for examination fees in addition to course fees. A list of examination fees and dates is available from reception. Examination fees depend on the type of course. It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that the correct date is booked and the examination fees are paid on time.
- English in Manchester Ltd reserves the right to cancel, move or merge any class where there is insufficient demand or any other justifiable reason to do so. For cancelled classes the School will offer an alternative class or lesson vouchers.
- Complaints about the School’s courses, services and teachers must be made as soon as possible in order for the School to resolve it before the courses finishes. Please refer to the students’ handbook for the full complaints procedure. Complaint forms are available at reception.
- Cancellation of one to one classes must be made and received at least 1 working day (Mon – Fri 9am – 5pm). Students must notify the school by telephone, or fees will be forfeited and no refund or additional lessons will be offered.
- Tolerance of and respect for other beliefs and cultures is required from all staff, students and visitors. In cases of inappropriate or offensive behaviour, English in Manchester reserves the right to terminate courses without refund with immediate effect.
- In the event of ‘force majeure’ such as fire, flooding, infectious diseases, industrial action and other events outside the company’s reasonable control which may cause the closure of the school, no refund of fees will be made to students, except at the school’s discretion.
- Students are advised that English in Manchester Ltd, its employees and its representatives are not responsible for personal injury and / or loss of / damage to personal property on the school’s premises or when students are attending school social and sport events.
- Students are responsible for behaving in a safe and appropriate manner on all social and sporting activities. English in Manchester will not be held responsible for any accidents, loss of possessions or injuries suffered during these activities. English in Manchester highly recommends students have the appropriate level of insurance while on social and sporting activities.
- English in Manchester Ltd is not responsible for the safe keeping or delivery of any post, parcels etc. sent to the students at the School’s address.
- English in Manchester Ltd is not responsible for the safekeeping of exam results or certificates.
- Students may from time to time be photographed, the photographs of which may be used in the school’s promotional / publicity material. The School will obtain permission from the student before taking photographs and the student has the right not to be photographed. The School reserves the right to all photographs and the use of these photographs in promotional material where permission has been granted for their use. The copyright to all photographs shall belong to the school.
- It is the policy of the school not to divulge any personal details of students to a third party, other than to the appropriate authorities, without permission from the student.
- In all cases the decision of the Managing Director of English in Manchester will be final and binding.
These Terms are governed by the law of England and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England.
English in Manchester Ltd ,
Company Number 10701400,
Unit 24, Nottingham South & Wilford Industrial Estate